Welcome to the Gîte La Mandelette
Explore the Champagne and stay in our beautiful region at an original and authentic place!
Mathilde and Jean-Luc, independent winegrowers in Bouzy and champagne producers, will welcome you in their authentic winegrowers' house dating from 1891.
Our little extras...
Settle down, everything is ready for your arrival:
- the beds are made,
- a bottle of Alfred Tritant champagne is being chilled in the fridge as a gift for you,
- a free immersion tour of our cellar is reserved for you .
What is a Mandelette ?
It is a little basket made out of wicker or wood sometimes. It used to be used for harvesting grapes (Bouzy).
Diminutive of "mande", a French synonym of "panier" -basket.
Definition given by "Le Parler champenois" - Gustave PHILIPONNAT, 1941.
A gîte with all mod cons
Located at the heart of the village of Bouzy, a delightful Champagne village, it is a comfortable 62m² apartment on the 2nd floor of our authentic family house, all ready to welcome you.
Entirely renovated with a theme decoration of vineyards and champagne, it can accommodate 7 to 9 guests:
- 1 bedroom with 1 queen size bed (160 x 200 cm),
- 1 bedroom with 1 queen size bed (160 x 200 cm) and 1 single bed (90 x 200 cm),
- 1 bedroom with 2 small single beds (80 x 200 cm) which, pushed together, transform into a double bed (queen size),
- 1 living room including a lounge area with a sofa bed (queen size),
- 1 fitted kitchen open to the living room,
- 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets,
- 1 sink is also present in each bedroom.
Our gîte is listed as a "Meublé de Tourisme 3 étoiles" - 3* furnished holiday rental.
Everything is done for your stay to be as pleasant as possible: internet connection, TV, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven, oven and cooker, fridge, etc. When necessary, we also provide baby furniture (bed, changing table, high chair, potty, etc).
Stay amidst the vineyards
Located just a few miles east of Epernay, the capital of champagne, you will enjoy a flawless landscape with an exceptional view of the Bouzy slopes.
Other than a tour of our estate and a tasting of our Alfred Tritant champagne, many activities are available around: hiking in the natural park of Montagne de Reims, guided tours of Epernay and Reims, a discovery of our terroir's gastronomy (Escargot des Grands Crus, etc.)...
Here are some links to prepare your stay...
- L'escargot des Grands Crus
- Parc Naturel Régional de la Montagne de Reims
- Office de Tourisme Epernay - Pays de Champagne
- Office de Tourisme d'Hautvillers
- Tourisme en Champagne
- Je Bulle en Champagne. Faites le plein d'activités pétillantes.
- La Chocolaterie Thibaut de Pierry
- La Brasserie artisanale de Juvigny